Guest Editor: Sarah Guy, IACP
As new technologies and social media continue to connect people and communities—and as the media and the public shine a spotlight on law enforcement’s actions, policies, and responses—communication with the community and the media is more important than ever. Police leaders and public information officers both have essential roles to play in this realm and need to be aware of the various tools and strategies that can help with effective communication, information sharing, and relationship building.
When I joined the Charlotte Police Department in Charlotte, North Carolina, 37 years ago, the department issued each officer a two-way radio to talk to a single officer or dispatcher. In July 2016...
If Sir Robert Peel were alive today, he...
Although it often remains largely unknown when the next critical incident will arise, law enforcement is expe...
Whenever I hear about a corporate scandal, like what happened at Wells Fargo, where millions of customer accounts were opened...
The 123rd Annual IACP Conference and Exposition in San Diego, California, was a great success. IACP 2016 featured more than 250 workshops, and the exposition hall featured more than 750 companies. ...
- President's Message: The Role of Social Media for Today’s Law Enforcement Agency
- Legislative Alert: IACP Unveils Policy Priorities Document
- Officer Safety Corner: Investing in Your Health
- Research in Brief: Evidence-Based Policing: Examples and Impacts
- Chief’s Counsel: The First Amendment in the Workplace
- From the Administrator: Law Enforcement’s Role in Changing Minds About Children’s Exposure to Violence
- Product Feature: Less-Lethal Options for ANY Agency
- Technology Talk: Mobile Smartphone Safety Apps: Valuable Proactive and Reactive Tools
- Traffic Safety Initiatives: Raising Awareness of Winter and Holiday Traffic Dangers
- The Dispatch-December 2016
- IACP Working for You - December 2016
- December 2016 New Members
- Line of Duty Deaths 10/8/2016 - 11/8/2016
- Product Update - December 2016
- December 2016 Index to Advertisers