Guest Editor: James Baker
Every community, large or small, has its own distinct challenges and needs, and every law enforcement agency has to find the best way to protect the community it serves with the (sometimes limited) resources available. However, many crime control strategies, such as crime analysis or place-based policing, can be modified to fit different community needs and different crime trends. Learning from other leaders what has or has not worked, as well as hearing what strategies they are exploring, can spur the development of effective crime control solutions in your community.
Cover photo courtesy of Lowell, Massachusetts, Police Department.
Preventing crime, securing public safety in fair and lawful ways, and building public confidence and trust in the police, should be core missions of law enforcement in democratic societies. To achiev...
Community Opioid Outreach Program: A Guardian Mentality Approach to Drug Abuse Intervention and TreatmentThe City of Lowell is the fourth largest city ...
In 2011, the City of Stockton, California, fou...
Recent research has shown that traditional pol...
Law enforcement recruits and new officers are often asked the...
The U.S. Secret Service Electronic Crimes Task Forces: Employing Public-Private Sector Partnerships to Combat CybercrimeCoordinating both the expertise and efforts of...
HSI Cyber Division: Combating Transnational Criminal Activity within the Dark Web through Enhanced Global PartnershipsHomeland Security Investigations (HSI) has lon...
- President's Message: Crime Control in the 21st Century: Proactive, Analytical, and Collaborative
- Legislative Alert: White House Releases the FY 2018 Proposed Budget
- Officer Safety Corner: Make Physical Fitness a Priority with a Few Simple Steps
- Research in Brief: Global Concepts, Local Contexts: A Case Study of International Criminal Justice Policy Transfer in Violence Reduction
- Chief’s Counsel: Routine Reports and Garrity
- Product Feature: Public Safety Facility Design Requires a Careful Balance of Security and Hospitality
- Technology Talk: Threats in the Hyper-Connected World
- Traffic Safety Initiatives: Traffic Incident Management (TIM)
- IACP Working for You: Benchmarking and Performance Analytics: Your New Tool for Data-Driven Decision-Making
- The Dispatch July 2017
- New Members: July 2017
- Line of Duty Deaths 5/11/2017—6/6/2017
- Product Update: July 2017
- Index to Advertisers—July 2017