Guest Editor: Nicole LeFort
When “globalization” is mentioned, it’s often in reference to trade, industry, or other private sector benefits and challenges; however, crime has also become global in many cases, aided by the Internet and accentuated by transnational crime organizations and extremist groups. As law enforcement works against the complex and constantly evolving issues of transnational crime and terrorism, understanding their many facets and the efforts currently under way around the world is essential.
Acts of violence executed without warning by previously obscure assailants who exhibited no discernable warning signs are a global threat. These attacks are not precise tactical plans executed by high...
Preventing and combating fraud has long been one of the key priorities of the Taiwan government. Following the liberalization and globalization of telecommunications and the Internet, fraud cases have...
Famous author and humorist Mark Twain apocryphally said, “If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.” Today, he might have added that if your words don’t speak the truth, then...
When violent crimes remain unsolved, the victims await justice, their loved ones’ seek resolution, and their neighbors lose a sense of peace and stability. When criminals evade justice, those affec...
Located some 6,000 miles west of Los Angeles is a 210-square-mile island—Guam. It is an unincorporated United States Territory whose residents are U.S. citizens. Guam is best remembered as one of th...
Law enforcement is in the midst of the most challenging hiring environment the profession has faced in many decades. News articles and agencies from all regions talk about the shortage of police offic...
- President’s Message: Professional Excellence: An Earned Honor
- Legislative Alert: IACP Voices Support for the FIRST STEP Act
- Officer Safety Corner: Arming Police Officers with Psychological Survival Strategies
- Research in Brief: Harmonizing Police Technology Acquisitions with Policing Strategy
- Chief’s Counsel: What Potential Sanctions Trigger Garrity Protection?
- Product Feature: Less-Lethal Weapons Require Training to Be Effective Force Options
- Technology Talk: Protecting Children through Collaboration
- Traffic Safety Initiatives: Jurisdictional Guidelines for the Safe Testing and Deployment of Highly Automated Vehicles
- IACP Working for You: IACP Net: Solutions to Make Law Enforcement Leaders’ Jobs Easier
- The Dispatch: July 2018
- New Members: July 2018
- Line of Duty Deaths: 5/7/2018–5/31/2018
- Product Update: July 2018
- Index to Advertisers: July 2018