Information technology standards may be the solution to one of the toughest problems facing law enforcement: sharing information across jurisdictional boundaries. In this issue of the Police Chief, law enforcement executives, government policy makers, and technology experts describe the ongoing projects designed to make these standards a reality. Photo © 2000 PhotoDisc, Inc.
A CNN lead story in February 2004 should scare every police chief in America. The story is a military story — a member of the National Guard is alleged to have tried to pass military secrets to al Q...
Every day, law enforcement executives deal with such critical issues as budgets, media inquiries, and officer safety. It is unlikely that technologies like eXten...
Imagine that your department staff could develop a request for proposals (RFP) for a new records management system without having to start from scratch but with the peace of mind that comes from knowi...
Where it was once considered a lofty and futuristic goal, information sharing is now, since September 11, 2001, routinely understood and accepted as the essential mission-critical requirement to achie...
Successful police executives are driving organizational change through strategic management-an ongoing process that seeks opportunities to enhance operational efficiencies by identifying internal issu...
Law enforcement has relied heavily on wireless systems for decades. Most wireless solutions in use today are either private, purpose-built land-mobile networks providing mainly voice services, or comm...
- President's Message: The National Criminal Intelligence Sharing Plan
- Legislative Alert: Senate Passes Bill to Guarantee Victims' Rights
- Chief's Counsel: Labor Relations: Promulgating a New Rule
- Product Update: June 2004
- Advances and Applications: June 2004
- IACP News: June 2004
- Law Enforcement Jobs: June 2004
- New Members: June 2004
- Line of Duty Deaths: June 2004
- Index to Advertisers: June 2004
- Highway Safety Initiatives: National Mobilization and Enforcement Campaign Begins in August