The Police Chief is now available on the World Wide Web. Visit www.PoliceChiefMagazine.org to read the latest issue, review recent issues, check out Web-only content, send articles to friend by e-mail, and more.
Analyzing Concerns among Police Administrators: Recruitment and Retention of Police Officers in North CarolinaIn early summer 2000 the North Carolina Governor's Crime Commission in conjunction with the North Carolina Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission and the North Carolina Sheriffs'...
Sick leave is an essential benefit in the employee's compensation package. It allows an employee who cannot work due to sickness or accidental injury to continue receiving his or her salary uninterrup...
According to the IACP Crime Prevention Committee's Towards 2000 and Beyond, "Community safety is everyone's responsibility and crime prevention is everyone's business." This statement reflects the und...
Steps taken to build relationships inside the police agency and between the police and the community in the first year can make or break a new chief's career in the community. For this reason, the IAC...
Many police agencies have experienced difficulty recruiting and selecting applicants. In particular, agencies continue to have an especially hard time recruiting minority applicants. Since September 1...
Few if any law enforcement personnel disagree with the notion that physical fitness is necessary for the safe and effective performance of certain critical and essential job functions. The more diffic...
- President's Message: Law Enforcement Assistance Funding: A Continuing Priority
- Legislative Alert: 2005 Federal Budget Proposal Released; State and Local Law Enforcement Assistance Programs Face Cuts
- Chief’s Counsel: New U.S. Supreme Court Decision Approves "Informational" Checkpoint
- Advances and Applications: March 2004
- Line of Duty Deaths: 1/30/2004 — 2/16/2004
- Highway Safety Initiatives: Saved by the Belt or Air Bag—Revisited
- IACP News: March 2004
- Technology Talk: IACP Technology Coordination Panel
- New Members: March 2004
- Product Update: March 2004
- Jobs: March 2004
- Index to Advertisers: March 2004