Chief Joseph G. Estey of the Hartford Police Department in White River Junction, Vermont, will be sworn in as president of the International Association of Chiefs of Police during the 111th Annual IACP Conference this month in Los Angeles. Cover photograph by Beltrami Studios in West Lebanon, New Hampshire
At some time, all police chiefs face incidents that challenge their vision and leadership. We must have in place mission statements and values that rethink our traditional use-of-force strategies and ...
The National Violence Against Women Advisory Group is composed of law enforcement executives, judges, prosecutors, and advocates, all of whom came together for the two-day meeting in Minneapolis....
As in many other departments across the country, Metropolitan-Nashville Police Department’s (MNPD) policy on transfers, and the procedures in which they were accomplished, had changed often over tim...
The scene has been reenacted many times in the news recently: a military reservist’s wife packing boxes to move, as she cannot afford to pay the mortgage and monthly bills since her husband, a milit...
In the September 1978 issue of the Police Chief, two researchers, Sandy and Devine, presented their observations about stress as it related to small-town and rural police....
In February 2003, President George W. Bush signed Homeland Security Presidential Directive 5 (HSPD-5), an order mandating the development of the National Incident Management System (NIMS). HSPD-5 assi...
- President's Message: Taking Command: Domestic Security for Our Communities
- Legislative Alert: President Bush Signs Homeland Security Funding Bill
- Chief’s Counsel: Civil Liability for False Affidavits
- From The Administrator: Thank You for Your Hard Work
- Highway Safety Initiatives: December Is National Drunk and Drugged Driving (3D) Prevention Month in the United States
- Advances & Applications: November 2004
- IACP News: IACP Police Chiefs Desk Reference
- Line of Duty Deaths: 9/1/2004-9/26/2004
- New Members: November 2004
- Product Update: November 2004
- Products & Services: November 2004