IACP serves the leaders of today and develops the leaders of tomorrow. The IACP’s 40 Under 40 Award was developed to recognize 40 law enforcement professionals under the age of 40 who demonstrate leadership, commitment, strong values, and excellence. The awardees featured in this month’s Police Chief are current and emerging leaders who go beyond their basic duties and serve as role models for their fellow officers and community members. The IACP is proud to recognize the inaugural 40 Under 40 awardees.
The IACP’s 40 Under 40 Award was developed to recognize 40 law enforcement professionals under the age of 40 from around the world who demonstrate leadership and exemplify commitment to their profes...
Identifying and Developing Law Enforcement Talent: What Every Law Enforcement Chief Executive Officer Should KnowLeadership has always been a topic of great interest within the law enforcement community and in the private sector. There has been a myriad of scholarly journals, articles, publications, and studies ...
The 123rd Annual IACP Conference and Exposition will take place in San Diego, California, on October 15–18, 2016. ...
"Bridgeport School Arrests, Suspensions Down” declared a July 2015 headline in the Connecticut Post. Communities across the United States are seeing similar results as they try to decrease “school...
n November 2004, Mosul, Iraq, was home to many displaced enemy fighters from Falluja and street gangs who roamed the city streets practicing the art of terror. During this time, an estimated 200 bodie...
The potential uses for police UAVs seem, at present, almost limitless. Many UAV models are cheaper than cruisers and helicopters to purchase and operate, and their ability to fly and hover at varying ...
- President's Message: The Institute for Community-Police Relations: Guiding Law Enforcement’s Effort to Build Trust and Connect with Communities
- Chief's Counsel: Transgender Employee Considerations for Chiefs and Police Legal Advisors
- Legislative Alert: IACP Seeks Candidates’ Perspectives on Criminal Justice
- Technology Talk" FAA Releases New Small UAS Rule
- Traffic Safety Initiatives: Texas Department of Transportation Takes the Bull by the Horns: A Data-Driven Approach to Crime and Traffic Safety
- Line of Duty Deaths 7/11/16-7/28/16
- September 2016 New Members
- September 2016 Index to Advertisers
- September 2016 Product Update
- The Dispatch - September 2016
- Officer Safety Corner: The Synergistic Benefits of the Rescue Task Force Model
- Research in Brief: Leadership in Law Enforcement
- Product Feature: Save Money—And More—With Smart Vehicle Decisions