Guest Editors: Tracy Phillips and Andrey Pankov
Personnel management is a major part of a chief’s work. Conceiving strategies to recruit qualified candidates, managing employee performance, developing the leaders of tomorrow, and retaining skilled officers—these challenges and other related issues are ever-present for every law enforcement leader. The complexities of these issues, coupled with increasing competition for personnel from the private sector and the constantly evolving culture, require law enforcement agencies to explore new options and learn from each other’s successes and mistakes.
The challenge of recruiting and hiring quality personnel has emerged as a critical problem for today’s law enforcement agen...
Finding the right person for the right position in a law enforcement agency is a challenge every police executive encounters ...
According to the U.S. Department of Justice, women compose just 12.7 percent of all sworn law enforcement officers in the Uni...
For a number of years, the Winston-Salem Police Department, a North Carolina law enforcement agency of 560 sworn officers, eas...
The National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives (NOBLE) established a mentoring program for aspiring chief executive officers (CEOs) in July 2006 cal...
The Civil Service Commission of the City of Los Angeles is charged with, among other things, the filling of some 35,000 positions in some 1,250 different classes. ...
The Police Chief keeps you on the cutting edge of law enforceme...
- President's Message: Leadership and Law Enforcement Accountability
- Legislative Alert: The IACP Supports Reauthorization of JJDPA
- Officer Safety Corner: Organizational Contributions to Police Suicide
- Research in Brief: Effectiveness of License Plate Readers for Patrol and Investigations
- Chief's Counsel: Carpenter v. United States: Digital Privacy in the 21st Century
- Product Feature: Collecting and Managing Evidence—Tools for Law Enforcement
- Technology Talk: Balancing Data Security with Access to Video Evidence
- Traffic Safety Initiatives: Rapid Highway Clearance Strategies
- IACP Working for You: Supporting Those Who Support Law Enforcement
- The Dispatch: September 2018
- New Members: September 2018
- Line of Duty Deaths: 7/2/2018-8/10/2018
- Index to Advertisers: September 2018