Guest Editors: Stephanie Lash and Kathleen Kelly
Officer safety and wellness has become more of a focus for many agencies in recent years, but it must be acknowledged that the very nature of law enforcement presents risks to those who serve. However, wellness research, holistic wellness programs, officer fitness initiatives, and new health and safety tools can help law enforcement agencies and leaders manage those risks and increase their officers’ quality of life and overall safety.
“I got your six” is perhaps among the most noble and meaningful promises that members of the law enforcement industry can make to one another—the unconditional promise to have each other’s ba...
Almost any police officer, if asked, will emphasize how special those are who wear the badge and point out that not just anyone can be a cop. An important part of this distinction is the idea of indes...
FirstNet Will Offer Law Enforcement a Reliable Connection and New Tools to Support Officer Wellness and SafetyIn the fall of 2017, a Pennsylvania police officer suffered a cardiac arrest while pursuing a suspect on foot. According to media accounts, the 44-year-old Allegheny Township officer had been called t...
Officer safety efforts, including those to reduce and prevent line-of-duty deaths, are continually of critical importance to the field, officers, and public safety. Two groundbreaking initiatives spea...
Police chiefs from around the country often ask me various questions about women police. These questions often include: Why would any woman in her right mind choose a career in law enforcement? Why no...
- President’s Message: Ensuring Officer Engagement in Physical Fitness and Wellness Programs: A Supervisor’s Duty
- Legislative Alert: FY 2018 Omnibus Appropriations Bill: What Law Enforcement Needs to Know
- Officer Safety Corner: Saving More Officers’ Lives: 30 Years of Lessons Learned
- Chief’s Counsel: Reducing Sexual Harassment and Other Police Sexual Misconduct
- Product Feature: When It Comes to Fleet Management, Little Things Make a Big Difference
- Technology Talk: Got NIBRS? Finding Efficiencies and Funding to Support Your Agency’s Transition
- Traffic Safety Initiatives: Distracted Driving: Promising Solutions from the Field
- IACP Working for You: IACP Law Enforcement Policy Center: Providing Leading Practices and Sound Guidance
- The Dispatch: May 2018
- New Members: May 2018
- Line of Duty Deaths: 3/9/2018–3/29/2018
- Product Update: May 2018
- Index to Advertisers: May 2018